Sunday, November 15, 2015

In Exchange for Jackie Part Three


 She got up from the floor and headed to the fully stocked kitchen, grabbed a pint of chunky monkey ice cream, and sat on the couch crying salt into the creamy solution of her problems. She began thinking back to what they argued about the other day as she took another spoonful.
We sat at the large dining room table and had a quiet dinner. Our boys, Charles and Peter were gone, away at college. Charles was learning business and Peter was l...earning to become an architect. A mother could not be more proud. So it was just the two of us in this big house. The rants and raves we have had over the years still reverberate from the marble floor and the granite columns.
“I want to sell the house.”
I paused hearing his statement. He wasn’t thinking about it but he was going to do it and if I know my husband, he has already sold the house and was now telling me of the fact.
“Fine, we can split the sale and go our separate ways,” I answered as I resumed eating.
He cleared his throat surprised by my statement no doubt. “I was thinking the money could go into an account, you know, for the boys.”
In other words, he already made another purchase with the money. Dang nabbit, this will be the one part of him I will not miss. I sighed and glanced at him.
“Mitch, we are too old to still be playing this game.” I got up from the table taking my plate in the kitchen and headed upstairs to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pre-Order link for new Paranormal. Lynx's Demons

THIS IS F**KED UP------SERIOUSLY! How else would you describe the hell a man has to go through when he is stuck with an annoying, hateful,...