Wednesday, March 25, 2015

  Excerpt from Hypnotik series.
 “Oh crap!” I gasp. Wishing I had my cell phone on me so that I could call for help, I only had enough time to jump over the car to avoid being hit by her. “Goddammit!” I shout.
     Now I have scrapes on my hands and elbows, my heart is beating hard in my chest. I need to calm down, but I hear her car screeching as it turned wildly burning rubber coming back at me. I get the key out of my stash pocket and quickly open the door.
     As terrified as I am, I have to concentrate to keep from breaking the key off in the door. I take a few deep breaths to calm myself, once I get it open she skims the tail of my car causing me to scream. “Jesus!” I reach frantically for my cell but my hands are shaking terribly, my thoughts are rambling and I drop it on the passenger side. I’m surprised that no one has even come to our location from hearing the sound of her revving the engine and the scent of rubber in the air.
    With nervous hands I concentrate to steady them and get the car started, while my heart is beating like a jackhammer, and my nerves are shot to hell. I put it in reverse to get out fast, when I turn the wheel looking for her car, she is coming at me full speed. I strain my voice giving an ear piercing scream. In the short time that I have to respond, I struggle to get out of the drivers’ side, but the impact flung me into the passenger door causing me to hit my head and I land on the floor of the car.     
     “Oww, hell!” I palm the sore area of my head, I hit it hard but not enough to cut myself, thank goodness. “Shit,” I grunt. Blinking several times from the water that is building there, I remind myself that I can’t pass out, not now. As I turn, panting heavily, I scrunch my body in the small area hoping that whoever it is doesn’t see me. I am shaking with overwhelming fear and my heart is damn near ripping a hole in me to come out of my chest.
     I see a fuzzy vision of someone coming towards me, it has to be the woman, I can’t make out her face but I can hear her voice.
     “Stay away from him or I will really kill you.”
     I clutch my chest gasping, “Alex…help…me.” The pain in my head is increasing, but I need to stay awake.
     ‘Alex,’ I think as I lick my lips making an attempt to swallow to moisten my voice to speak again. I need to get to my phone but my body is frozen in fear. I feel a tear run down my cheek as I hear the screech of tires until they fade into the background. I feel the car rolling, I never took it out of gear, and when it comes to an abrupt stop all I hear is a loud crash, and Alex’s name leaving my lips until everything goes black.
http://www.amazon.com/Hypnotik-Curses-Ashley-Tracy-Gilmore-ebook/dp/B00NQGWZ3U/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pre-Order link for new Paranormal. Lynx's Demons

THIS IS F**KED UP------SERIOUSLY! How else would you describe the hell a man has to go through when he is stuck with an annoying, hateful,...